14 year old Kgotso Machosa from Ivory Park is missing. Please Retweet for awareness. pic.twitter.com/Hks5…
capacity building workshop pscp.tv/w/biGYHjF6WU…
- UN chief “alarmed” by violations of UN-backed ceasefire in Libya 22 September, 2018United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres stated on Friday that he is “alarmed by the increasing number of violations of the ceasefire” in the capital of Libya, Tripoli, which has led to the death of dozens of civilians.
- Ferry tragedy takes lives in Tanzania, Guterres offers condolences, support 21 September, 2018United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres issued a statement of condolence and solidarity after a passenger ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, in Ukurewe district of Tanzania.
- DR Congo: Amid renewed risk of spread, Ebola virus leaves over 150 children orphaned or unaccompanied 21 September, 2018New Ebola virus hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) are threatening progress made in tackling the deadly disease and increasing its risk of spreading, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Friday.
- Adjust UN force in Abyei to current realities, peacekeeping chief urges Security Council 20 September, 2018Amidst an increase in criminal activity in the Abyei area, which is contested by Sudan and South Sudan, the United Nations top peacekeeping official on Thursday called for deployment of additional police units, to enhance the UN’s focus on maintaining law and order there, and furthering peace between local communities.
- South Sudanese soldier who shot UN peacekeeper on Saturday, will face court martial: UN mission chief 19 September, 2018The South Sudanese soldier who shot and wounded a UN peacekeeper on Saturday is facing a court martial, said David Shearer, head of the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), during a press conference in the capital, Juba.
- Make the guns fall silent. ‘Immediately and everywhere': South Sudan envoy 18 September, 2018Warring parties in South Sudan must demonstrate their willingness to a peaceful end to their conflict by “making their guns fall silent. Immediately and everywhere,” said Nicholas Haysom, outgoing UN Special Envoy for Sudan and South Sudan, on Tuesday.
- Eritrea: Peace deal prompts hope of internal reforms, to improve fundamental human rights 18 September, 2018The peace agreement between Eritrea and Ethiopia has raised hopes that improving human rights will be front and centre on Eritrea’s path forward, according to a United Nations Special Rapporteur on Tuesday.
- Kenya makes progress in supporting people with albinism, but ‘much remains to be done’ says UN expert 18 September, 2018Despite improvements for persons with Albinism in Kenya who have historically suffered attacks and discrimination, a United Nations expert has signaled that “much remains to be done”, especially when it comes to accessing equal treatment under the law.