Stay up to date
Subscribe for email updates
14 year old Kgotso Machosa from Ivory Park is missing. Please Retweet for awareness. pic.twitter.com/Hks5…
capacity building workshop pscp.tv/w/biGYHjF6WU…
- Mali: UN Peacekeeping chief ‘extremely concerned’ over insecurity, regrets peace deal delays 19 October, 2018After commending the “overall peaceful” climate in which the Malian elections were held in July, the United Nations peacekeeping chief said on Friday that he is “extremely concerned” over the increasing number of attacks by armed insurgents, against a backdrop of continued delays in implementing the 2015 peace agreement.
- Under fire, UN refugee agency evacuates 135 detained in Libya to Niger 18 October, 2018Amid increasingly violent clashes between rival armed groups in Libya’s capital,Tripoli, the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) has successfully airlifted 135 migrants and refugees to safety in Niger.
- UN rights chief calls for release of hundreds abducted and abused in South Sudan 18 October, 2018Hundreds of civilians who were taken by opposition forces in South Sudan’s Western Equatoria region during an uptick in fighting are still missing, the UN’s top rights official said on Thursday, in a call for their immediate release.
- Africa is ‘on the rise’, says UN chief Guterres, urging collaboration for better future 17 October, 2018Africa is “on the move and on the rise” with communities coming together to resolve their problems and offer mutual support, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres highlighted on Wednesday.
- Nigeria: UN chief ‘appalled’ by killing of aid worker; calls for release of remaining hostages 16 October, 2018The United Nations Secretary-General strongly condemned on Tuesday the killing of an aid worker from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in north-east Nigeria. He said he was “appalled” by her death on Monday.
- Congolese expelled from Angola returning to ‘desperate situation’: UN refugee agency 16 October, 2018Congolese nationals forced back across the border to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), after being expelled from neighbouring Angola, “are returning to a desperate situation,” a UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) spokesperson said on Tuesday.
- World Health Organization calls crisis meeting over deadly Ebola outbreak in DR Congo 15 October, 2018World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, has called an Emergency Committee meeting on the Ebola virus outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which has already claimed around 130 lives.
- Violence will not deter Somali people in their pursuit of peace, says UN chief, in wake of lethal attacks 14 October, 2018Strongly condemning twin suicide attacks in Baidoa, southwestern Somalia, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has reiterated the Organization’s support and solidarity with the country’s people and Government.